Bean Fajitas are a fast and very easy dish. You can add other vegetables if you like. You can very easily prepare a tray with various ingredients so that everyone can make their own Fajitas just they way they like it.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 cups kidney beans (cooked and drained) or refried beans
- water or use the bean water
- chili sauce
- 1 lime juice
- tortillas you can use flour or corn tortillas
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced) or red bell pepper
- 1 green poblano (sliced finely)
- 1 jalapeno (minced, seeds removed)
- 4 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 1/2 red onion (ch) (chopped)
- 3 3 tablespoons minced cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sour cream *optional
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole
To prepare the filling, add 4 tbsp of oil to a pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the beans and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mash the beans roughly with the back of a fork or a potato masher or emersion blender. Adding a little stock, reduce until the mixture is thick. Remove the beans.
To prepare, simply stir fry together all the ingredients in the oil, briefly so the vegetables are still a little chrisp.
Just before you are ready to eat, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add in the mashed beans, re-fry for a few minutes before plating, adding the cilantro, and lime juice at the end. Stir well and remove from the heat.
To assemble fajitas, warm each tortilla through in a pan, remove to a serving plate, spoon over some of both fillings, add a spoonful of sour cream, and roll up.
Serve immediately. Offer salsa and guacamole on the side.