Muesli is a perfect brunch dish or to prepare for eating several days. Use the fruits in season and add berries just before serving since they go back quickly.
This muesli recipe will last at least a week covered in the refrigerator. It is a very healthy way to start your day. It is also an excellent choice for a brunch buffet. You can add or subtract fruit according to what you have on hand.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 servings
Calories 231 kcal
- 5 ounce oatmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4½ ounce hazelnuts
- 1/2 ounce sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 pint plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cantelope cut in small pieces or little balls
- 1-2 cups blueberries a basket full
- 2 cups strawberries a basket full Cut into quarters
- 2 1/2 cups apples quartered and seeded, grated
- 1-2 cups grapes
Soak oatmeal in milk 20 minutes.
Toast nuts. Place in nuts in food processor and grind.
Add apricots, oatmeal, sugar, honey, lemon juice and roughly grind.
Place in bowl and add remaining fruit. Add 1 cup whipped cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.