Roasted Vegetables with Arugula Walnut Pesto
Roasted Vegetables with Arugula Walnut Pesto is colorful and delicious. The vegetables become caramelized while cooked while keeping the inside moist and tender. Arugula and walnut pesto enhance all the flavors, a wonderful addition to the vegetables.
Stirring every 10 minutes ensures the vegetables are caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside and ensures they are not burnt.You can make this dish a day ahead and reheat at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.The recipe can be easily scaled to from dinner for two to dinner for a crowd.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Arugula Walnut Pesto
This is a colorful medley of seasonal vegetables, a fantastic side dish for any meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 516 kcal
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 green pepper cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 carrots cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1/4 inch slices, separated
- 3 leeks cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 egg plant cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 butternut squash cut into 1 inch chunks, or a small pumpkin
- 2 garlic whole heads with the loose papery skin removed
- 1 cup mushrooms cut in half
- 1 sweet potato Cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups argula lightly packed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp thyme 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp rosemary 1 tsp dries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, place all of the prepared vegetables. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes at 400-degree F oven. Stir every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and cooked through and browned.
Blend all of the pesto ingredients together. Toss with pesto to coat well. Reserve some pesto to toss on after baking.